9.14.2006

Oh...college...

Yes, I'm starting to find out just how difficult college life can be, and I'm not talking about living in residence...I am talking about the reading!!! Now I understand why they give us reading weeks and stuff like that! (Actually I don't even think our college give us reading weeks!)
Anyways, so I'm up to my eyeballs in reading and assignments stuff. It seems like all I do now is read read read. But I am really wanting to do well in school for once in my life, so I hope that I can keep up some good habits.
Other than that, I am enjoying being here. Sort of feeling grown up,cleaning, making my own meals, having to manage my own time WISELY...crazy stuff.
Well, hope everyone is doing well.
Not sure who else reads my blogs, but just gonna say a little shout out to all the people I'm pretty sure read it:Nan and Pops, Oma and Grandpa, Tom, Mom and Dad, Stef, and if I didn't say your name, then leave a comment so I can know who's reading this!
Love, Ash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Orillialand!!!!
Thanks for taking the time from your busy reading schedule to tell us all about your first few weeks at college. It's a good thing that you are such a good "reader" already and that doesn't have to be such a challenge. It is so good to hear that you are also enjoying the dorm life and feeling more independent. I am sure that things will settle down for you in the next couple of weeks and that you will find yourself in a good routine, and balancing your time with studying and fun. Remember that the Lord is with you and the holy spirit will teach you all you need to know. It's so wonderful to hear from you whenever you can take the time. Love from us all, and esp. your Mama xoxoxo ciao.

Singing Lady said...

Hey Sweetie
Nan is a day behind again! It seems like when I check it out every day ther isn't one and then when I don't check it, whoops there it is!
Here I was home all day to-day and this was the first time I looked in.

As your momma said above, it is a good thing that you have always been such a good reader and hopefully that will kick in now as you contemplate the workload ahead.
Good to hear that you are settling into the domestic side of things too and enjoying the independence of sort of having your own “home away from home”, {so to speak!)
Check out your scheduled events calendar though re reading week.
I think you might find Feb. 19 -23 2007 could be your school’s date
Saw that date on the Parent’s Info calendar.
Hope that your weekend retreat goes well and we will look forward to maybe hearing about that next time.
In the meantime remember everyone here is pulling for you and praying that this will be a year that will see great things happening in your life in every way.
Lots of luv. Nan xoxox