7.25.2014

Baby Food Delight...

I've fed all the standard things to Adrian, and he is pretty much up for whatever I give him.  He really enjoys sweet potato, potatoes, carrots, green beans, beets, and avocados.  Yesterday I thought of something a little less boring, using ingredients that I had on hand.  I call it Tropical Mash

  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 chunk of [frozen] mango
  • 1 spoonful brown/green lentils
Mash up avocado and mango, stir in the lentils, and serve to baby.  

This would actually be a lovely spread for a sandwich, or on crackers, for adults as well.  I'm thinking add a little goat cheese, or feta, and you'd be set.  Here's another delicious combination that works for babies and adults:

Mexican Mash
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 spoonful of kidney/black beans
Mash the avocado and the beans together.  Serve to baby, or spread on a cracker and top with a tomato slice and salt and pepper.

Bon appetit!

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: