8.15.2014

Radical Thinking...

"Bless those who persecute you - bless and do not curse"

This verse from Romans 12 lay heavy on my heart last night as I was remembering what the Christians in Iraq are faced with daily. They don't have the luxury of meditating on these words. They are living them out, perhaps struggling with the sheer audacity of the God who demands such radical living. No human being who has ever lived would be able to bless their persecutors, unless the Holy Spirit was dwelling within them,  giving the strength to accomplish something so against our natural bent.

May I be so strengthened should a time come for me to stand up against an evil that threatens my physical life and the lives of those I love, because of the name of Christ, my Lord and Saviour.

I am keeping these dear brothers and sisters in Christ in my prayers.

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: