12.17.2014

It's Warm Inside...

The thrift shop near my house is amazing, and they donate all of their profits to a men's shelter.  Their displays are artistic, nothing is disorganized or unattractive to the eye. I try to go in at least once a week, if not twice, and it's a treasure hunt every time.  I'm keeping my eye on this arm chair that's been there for about three months (it's actually hideous- bright orange- but oh-so-comfortable), and the price hasn't gone down.  Is it wrong to ask a non-profit organization to negotiate?

The sunroom in our apartment is the perfect spot for said arm chair, a soft blanket, a small side table, and a space heater--a cozy little oasis to curl up with a cup of coffee and a good book. Until yesterday we were using this room for storage, and it was actually accumulating some mildew.  A friend took Adrian for an hour and a half, giving me time to attack the floor with a vacuum and some bleach (for the mildew), and opening up the space for my dream reading corner. With a pretty area rug and a nice display of flowers, this little niche in our apartment just might become my favourite. 

What part of your home is the perfect oasis for you, and why?

Love, 
Ashleigh

No comments: